OFFICIAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
SUBMIT DIRECTLY THROUGH US. NO MIDDLE MAN.
FOLLOW THESE 3 SIMPLE STEPS TO SUBMIT YOUR MASTERPIECE
1. Click on the category image you'd like to submit your masterpiece to.
2. Enter all of your information in the popup form and click Create Account.
3. Enter your payment details in the next popup and click Purchase.
And that's it!
We will be in touch via email soon announcing the winners. Best of luck!
Click the category image below to submit your MICRO SHORT: 60 seconds or less
Click the category image below to submit your SUPER SHORT: 1-5 minutes
Click the category image below to submit your LONG SHORT: 5-15 minutes
Click the category image below to submit your EXTRA LONG SHORT: 15-40 minutes
RULES WERE MEANT TO BE FOLLOWED. SO HERE'S OURS:
The Berlin Flash Film Festival is a monthly online film festival with a screening of our monthly winner on the last day of every month. The Berlin Flash Film Festival celebrates micro, super short films, shorts, and scripts. Each month, or Edition, all entries will be screened online by an international panel of experts active in the film and performance industry. The opening date will be on the 1st of every month and close on the last day of every month, unless otherwise noted. All official selection and monthly winners will be announced on the last day of every month and will receive their appropriate laurels via email.
At the end of our season, there will be an awards ceremony/live screening held in Berlin at Zoo Palast, by invitation, recognizing the over-all winners of each category. The red carpet event will last three hours in total. Industry professionals, as well as agents, and producers will be in attendance. The screening will take place in the lush Kino B cinema where all invited will receive refreshments and winners will receive their official certificates during an awards ceremony to recognize their artistic accomplishments.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Official Selection Laurels will be granted to all entries who abide the rules and regulations of the festival.
- Monthly Category Winner Laurels
- Outstanding Achievement Laurels
- Semi Finalist Laurels
- Finalist Laurels
- Overall Winner Laurels
- Winner Certificates
OFFICIAL RULES AND TERMS
- All micro shorts shall be no longer than 60 seconds.
- All super shorts must be between 60 seconds and 5 minutes.
- All long shorts must be between 5 and 15 minutes.
- We recommend only one submission per month. Please submit your film directly through our website below.
- However multiple entries are allowed. Please email us at email@example.com to learn more about multiple submissions in one month.
- If the original language of the piece is not in English, English subtitles are mandatory.
- There will be no refunds granted.
- All decisions made by our jury are final.
- No nudity!
- No explicit sexual content.
- We recommend sending all submissions via our website (see below) however you can also submit via FilmFreeway (it's just more expensive).
- By submitting to our festival, you have given us the permission to use material from your film (clips, posters, trailers) for promotional purposes on our website and / or social channels. If you would prefer that your film not be included on our website and / or channels, please click no in our submission process below when asked if we have your permission. If you would like your film to be included on our channel please send us all of your promotions package (trailers, posters, director bio, etc.) in your submission. ALL privacy requests will be respected and will not, in any way, negatively affect your competition status.
- All filmmakers must be 18 years or older.
- All terms and conditions regarding venue are subject to change at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the finalist to fund lodging and transportation to our awards ceremony/live screening event. This is not the responsibility of Berlin Flash Film Festival.
- By submitting your film you agree that you own all the rights.
- All entries must adhere to the rules, regulations, and policies stated by Berlin Flash FIlm Festival and FilmFreeway.
- By submitting you are agreeing to these terms, you declare that you have read, understood, and agreed to the rules, regulations, and policies of the Berlin Flash Film Festival and the information that you have supplied is correct to the best of your knowledge.
- We have a rolling submission system. Our cut off date is the 25th of each month. That means if you submit your film before the 25th of the month you are submitting your film for that month's screening. If you submit your film on the 26th or later of that month that means you are submitting your film for next month's screening. For example, if you submit your film on January 1st-25th, your film will be considered during the January monthly screening. If you submit your film on January 26th-31st, your film will be considered during the February monthly screening.
Scroll up and click the image above to begin your submission process...
Or you could also submit via
but our prices there are more expensive and you won't get our special submission PDF download confirmation made just for you.
We'd suggest clicking the buttons above to submit through our site instead.
It's what the cool kids are doing 😎