PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
We love our BFFF followers! You all give us so much support, energy, and great suggestions. As always, we listen to EVERYTHING you're saying, and we hear you loud and clear. Introducing... drumroll please... The People's Choice Award! And here's the kicker... IT'S FREE!
For the month of July we will be highlighting the films that have been selected for The People's Choice Award on our Facebook page. "So how does it work, and what do I get?" you ask. Here's the details:
OFFICIAL RULES AND TERMS FOR PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
- We welcome submissions from July 1-25, 2017
- Cost to submit: FREE
- Even if you previously submitted your film to our festival, you can resubmit to The People's Choice Award
- Who qualifies: Micro Short in any genre, Super Short in any genre, Long Short in any genre
- All films must adhere to the rules of BFFF as stated on our website (see below) as well as those on FilmFreeway
- After clicking the button below and entering your submission information, we will process your submission. Submissions are accepted between July 1st-July 25th.
- Starting on August 1 and going until August 25th we will post your film you submitted for our People's Choice award to our Facebook page. We will email you with your link to our Facebook Page as well. That is your link to share with your world and get as many LIKES AND SHARES as possible between August 1st - 25th. The filmmaker with the most LIKES AND SHARES for their post on the BFFF Facebook page by AUGUST 25th wins the People's Choice Award.
- Only LIKES AND SHARE on Facebook will be considered valid. Any other social media platform other than Facebook will be considered invalid and will not count. So get everyone you know to LIKE and SHARE your post on Facebook.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
AWARDS AND PRIZES WORTH OVER $250
- FREE custom certificate
- FREE custom poster
- FREE video critique
- An opportunity to be screened live at our annual event held at Zoo Palast in Berlin this November
ALL THE OTHER IMPORTANT RULES
- All micro shorts shall be no longer than 60 seconds.
- All super shorts must be between 60 seconds and 5 minutes.
- All long shorts must be between 5 and 15 minutes.
- You can submit for the People' Choice Award only once.
- If the original language of the piece is not in English, English subtitles are mandatory.
- There is no fee to submit for our People's Choice Award.
- All decisions made by our jury are final.
- No nudity!
- No explicit sexual content.
- We recommend sending all submissions via our website (see below).
- By submitting to our festival, you have given us the permission to use material from your film (clips, posters, trailers) for promotional purposes on our website and / or social channels. If you would prefer that your film not be included on our website and / or channels, please click no in our submission process below when asked if we have your permission. If you would like your film to be included on our channel please send us all of your promotions package (trailers, posters, director bio, etc.) in your submission. ALL privacy requests will be respected and will not, in any way, negatively affect your competition status.
- All filmmakers must be 18 years or older.
- All terms and conditions regarding venue are subject to change at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the finalist to fund lodging and transportation to our awards ceremony/live screening event. This is not the responsibility of Berlin Flash Film Festival.
- By submitting your film you agree that you own all the rights.
- All entries must adhere to the rules, regulations, and policies stated by Berlin Flash FIlm Festival and FilmFreeway.
- By submitting you are agreeing to these terms, you declare that you have read, understood, and agreed to the rules, regulations, and policies of the Berlin Flash Film Festival and the information that you have supplied is correct to the best of your knowledge.